Leftovers are awesome. To me, most things taste better the next day. In fact, there is nothing better than not having to cook a new meal from scratch every day. Instead of unhealthy takeout try using leftovers use leftovers to recreate a meal tonight.
Considering the upcoming holidays and many of us will have leftovers. I especially like using leftovers and incorporating them into another meal the next day. We had our family over for dinner and ended up with leftover mashed potatoes.
The next day I made breakfast, and after inventorying what I had on hand, I decided to make mashed potatoes muffins with the leftovers. It was super easy, and my husband made a point of saying how good they were… a few times. Give them a try!
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400F and grease the muffin pan. You can use olive oil or butter.
- Place eggs and milk into a bowl and whisk.
- Continue adding all ingredients leaving mashed potatoes until the end.
- After all ingredients have been whisked together, blend in mashed potato using a fork.
- Using a large spoon, divide the potato mixture evenly into the muffin pan. Don’t worry about making them look perfect.
I suggest letting them cool for a few minutes before serving.
The best thing about this recipe you can change it as you prefer. In fact if, you have leftover turkey or ham, chop it up and mix it in. If you want them to be cheesier or want more vegetables like onion or peas – go for it.
Try another comfort food recipe check out my stew recipe.
If you want to use a calorie database and discover calorie content click here.