Avocado Toast, Avocado Stuffed with Seafood Salad, 15 Minute Chicken Apple Avocado Salad
Love Avocado Toast
Avocados are amazing! The first time I had them, they were in guacamole. I was very impressed. Over the years, I have grown to appreciate them more and more. Avocados are great as a spread to replace regular condiments like mustard and mayonnaise. I have sliced an avocado up and put a few slices on my eggs. I have even put some on top of my soup…tortilla soup.
What is so great about Avocados
- Avocado is actually a fruit with a beautiful texture that is creamy and buttery.
- One ounce contains good amounts of healthy fiber, fats, and protein.
- Avocados can aid in calming sugar levels, aid in heart health, healthy aging, and weight control.
- New research published in the Journal of the American Heart Association suggests eating one avocado a day can improve cholesterol levels in overweight and obese individuals.
Avocado Toast – Great For Breakfast
- Two slices of sourdough bread
- medium avocado, cut in half and remove the seed
- One lime
- One tablespoon minced cilantro
- Two tablespoons finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take the avocado out of the skin, place it into a bowl; add other ingredients.
- Mash into a coarse paste.
- Toast the bread and spread the avocado mixture on top.
Avocado Stuffed with Seafood Salad
Loaded in flavor, this is a great appetizer or make a meal out of it
- Seafood Salad (I usually buy it premade at the grocery store)
- Imitation crabmeat shredded
- One avocado cut in half & remove seed
- One Scallion minced
- Half cup mayonnaise
- Half teaspoon paprika
- One teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Sriracha add depending how spicy you want it
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Gentle stir making sure to even coat all ingredients.
- Add Siracha, salt and pepper to flavor preference.
- Put mixture in the refrigerator to chill.
- When ready to serve, scoop desired amount of seafood salad mixture into hollowed center of the Avocado.
15 Minute Chicken Apple Avocado Salad
- 2 cups chicken breast, finely chopped
- 2 apples
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- 2 avocados
- 4 tsps. lime juice
- ¼ cup red onion
- ½ cup celery
- 4 tsps. EVOO
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
In a bowl, whisk olive oil, lime juice, garlic powder, parsley and add salt and pepper to taste.
Chop the chicken, cube the avocado, peel, core the apple, and dice the celery and red onion.
Pour dressing over chicken-apple-avocado mixture.
Serve over a bed of chopped lettuce.
Tired of weight loss failures? Ready to find the key to weight loss? It might not be what you think. Check out my series Nutritionist Guide to Weight Loss Series